Well, this was not an easy decision to make at all, but I have decided to defer my entry in the marathon until next year. I am guaranteed a spot for the 2013 NYC Marathon if I cancel now due to the situation in New York, and that is what I am doing. I don’t think anyone needs me to tell them how sad and devastating the current situation is. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I wouldn’t be able to do this, under these circumstances. I think we should all pray for the victims, their families, and the recovery of the city of New York.
Although I won’t be running the New York Marathon until next year, I am still getting to run a marathon in one week! Tonight I registered for the Anthem Richmond Marathon on November 10, 2012. It’s much smaller, but apparently gorgeous and hey it’s still 26.2 miles! I’m so happy that I’ll still be able to run and my training won’t have gone to waste. Next year I will be even more ready for NYC!!!